Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thankful

As the days and weeks have gone by I've worried about my babies surviving, delivering by c-section, having premature twins, and a NICU stay.  While these are all very valid concerns, I'm realizing more and more how lucky I am.  I can say this now being just over 31 weeks.  I had the time to thoroughly process all of these fears, to weigh the pros and cons, and to come to grips with the possible outcomes.  How lucky is that?  I mean many women don't get the chance to think about these things.  They are just thrown into these situations and while they have the same fears, only get to process them later under much more difficult circumstances.  

My journey is by now means over and I'm still aiming for a 36 week delivery, but I feel prepared to handle what comes my way.  I'm not saying it will be easy or that I won't shed tears if things don't go as I would like, but I've had the time to think about and process all of the possibilities.

I've always thought I was carrying March babies (baby, when I thought there was just one).  I've long been at peace with that fact and never flinched about it changing.  I will continue to hold onto this and hope for a little more than 4.5 weeks of happy babies remaining in the womb.

*knock on wood*

No comments: