Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cords

As we know, most, if not all, momo twins have some knots and twists in their cords. It is these knots that is the cause for great concern. If the knots tighten too much or their cords get compressed it could be fatal.

Here are pictures of our little ones cords. Their was one very distinguishable knot and a twist beneath it. Later I was able to touch and examine the knot. It was very tight. I'm not sure how blood and nutrients traveled through it, but it did. It is truly a miracle that my babies not only survived, but thrived with their cords like this.


4 comments:

JJo said...

Tina, what a wonderful mom these boys have in you! From one NICU mom to another, know that my heart and prayers and with you guys and that we're cheering you on. Please feel to call if you need to vent, just need to cry, or just need to talk to another mom who's been there. We love you guys, and miss you!

Janine
http://www.carepages.com/carepages/TopherSmith

CNH said...

Wharton's jelly is an amazing, amazing thing, isn't it? I just posted on MDC asking if they were all tangled! LOL! I am fascinated by such things.

Tracy said...

seeing those cords are always a bit sobering - and what a confirmation as to the true miracles we have. blessings,

Claremont First Ward said...

My boys cords looked very similar in our picture. The surgery report noted at least 7 knots, but by the time we saw them they were mostly untangled with one remaining knot. Wish I could have touched it like you! :)
alee from the momo boards.