Thursday, December 4, 2008

Home Monitoring Plan Set

My home monitoring plan is officially set.  NOW the fun begins!

I start next week at 24 weeks.  A nurse through the home health company Matria will come in 2 -3 a day and monitor the babies by conducting a Non-Stress Test (NST).  The test involves attaching two monitors to my abdomen to measure each baby's heart rate and another belt to measure contractions.  Their heart rates are measured for 20-30 minutes depending on how cooperative they re.

In addition to the daily monitoring I will have ultrasounds every other day to monitor the babies cord flow and position.  Two of these monitors will be in the doctor's office and one will be in the hospital.

All this monitoring helps to ensure that the babies are thriving and not getting more entangled in the chords.  If everything goes as planned I hope to continue home monitoring until 28-30 weeks.  

No comments: