Sunday, December 14, 2008

Best Laid Plans - Follow Up

After my difficult week wit the insurance company, figuring out home monitoring, and my rant things managed to work themselves out.  We decided to pay out of pocket for home monitoring and move my hospital inpatient stay from 30 weeks to 27 weeks.  

I went in for my 24 week follow up.  The twins are weighing 1lb, 9 oz an 1 lb, 13 oz and looking great.  As it it turns out my perinatologist was not pleased with the idea that my insurance would not cover home monitoring and we would have to pay for it ourselves.  He graciously offered for me to use one of their NST monitoring machines.  I was so shocked I couldn't really react.  What a gracious and generous offer.

So the plan is to go pick up the equipment and get trained on it tomorrow.  I will monitor each baby and contractions (although I am not having any) every 4 hours during the day and 6 hours in the evening.  I will fax him and my OB the results and at any sign of complications or difficulty I am to go straight to the hospital.  

I am so grateful that we have this opportunity and that I can remain home with my family through the holidays.  Now since we revisited the inpatient question, we have to decide when I will be checked into the hospital.  I started to adjust to the idea that I might have to go in earlier than I thought so I'm feeling ok about it.  We just need to decide when is the right time.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Hi There..
I am Lyndsey from the MoMo website. (the one who workds in Ventura). I tried leaving you a message a few weeks back but my lovely computer was in the middle of crashing :)

Well we are back and working and I was just reading your blog. That is SO wonderful that you are able to use their monitoring equipment. You will become a pro at getting those babies on the monitors in no time. It is a little tricky at first but when they get bigger and can't move around as much you will know just where to find them.
I was wondering which hospital you plan to deliver at? I work at Community Memoril down the street from county in Ventura. Dr. Jadali was my perinatologist, is he yours too?

Feel free to email me or visit our blog. Lynniemae14@adelphia.net