Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home From the Hospital

I ended up only staying in for a little over 24 hours.  Both babies are doing good and have been perfect on the monitors.  YAY, for an uneventful and quick jaunt to the hospital.

Turns out while both babies had been head down for the last 3 weeks, one decided to flip and turn breach.  We'll never know if that is what caused the decel or if the decel was the reason for the flip or if it is completely unrelated, but I would like to think it was related.  

While I would have liked to not have a trial run at the hospital it was great for a lot of reasons.  I found out that all my "mental prep" has been working and I was actually more relaxed than I thought I would be.  After my tour the night before I was feeling pretty anxious about staying there, but actually being there wasn't bad.  

It was also good for my family too see what it would be like to not have me around.  My 3 year old, while he missed me, seemed to be unphased, but my husband was not prepared.  We are all feeling a bit more prepared for the eventuality than we did.

With that said, I've ordered my library books and am starting my Netflix list.  Going to have lots of time on my hands.


No comments: