Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Small Things

The staff at the hospital has just been phenominial.  I'm the only long term patient right now so everyone pops in to say hi figuring they will be assigned to me at some point.

I got a fridge in my room.  YAY!!  I can keep all sorts of goodies in there so that's very cool.  Also the family came by to visit today.  No nap for the preschooler 2 days in a row make it difficult for a visit, so tonight was the first night since I've been here that they've been able to come visit.  I was also able to talk to the nutritionist who was able to make some arrangements for me to receive supplements to my meals.  I have been very diligent about keeping up my caloric and protein intake and was not sure how much the hospital would be able to help me meet the same goals.  The nutritionist added snacks and made a few other suggestions to the meal plan.  Very excited.

I've said it before, but I think all the mental prep I did to prior to being admitted has been really helpful.  Mind you, its only Day 2, but I'm feeling pretty good about my stay.  I want the twins to stay in as long as possible and every day I am here is 1 more day.

No comments: