Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Last 24 Hours

The last 24 hours have been a little strained.  It started Friday evening when my nurse woke me almost every hour to find the babies.  While this can be quite common, I had not had this experience yet.  My previous nights consisted of me getting up and going to the bathroom multiple times in the evening and occasionally needing assistance getting the babies back on and staying on the monitors.  The nurses came in twice maybe three times in the night.  

Because the babies move often it is possible that they will come off the monitors and then come back on within a matter of seconds to a few minutes.  As long as they have shown good and consistent heartbeats prior to coming off the monitor this is not a problem.  Friday night it was a problem!  The nurse assigned to me used every possible moment to come and adjust them.  SIGH!  I didn't get any sleep.

If I don't get sleep for a good reason then I am a little more tolerant, but when I look up and she is walking into the room AND the babies are already back on the monitor before she touches them I am not happy.  So I woke up on Saturday very tired and frustrated.  

Going into the day tired I decided to take a nap after lunch.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen because physical therapy and my OB stopped by.  By the time my visitors were gone I was too awake to nap.

To add to it, my son got sick the night before so I was a little worried about him.  We think it was food related, but still not fun.  He and my husband didn't come to see me last night because he wasn't feeling at 100% yet.  I was a little sad, but knew that I needed my sleep so it was probably for the best.

Today I woke up with only 1 interruption!! I got a full night's sleep. YAY!   I get to catch up on my Sunday morning politics and root for the Steelers this afternoon.

No comments: