Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Shock & Reality

Now that you know the nuts and bolts, how are I am feeling?  Initially, I was in a 100% state of shock.  Shock that I have been blessed with twins and shocked that learning the difficulties I face in this pregnancy.  The pregnancy of my 1st born was very smooth.  Minor problem here and there, but nothing that prevented me from carrying to term or enjoying my pregnancy.

I cried for several days straight.  Crying for the a loss of innocence and enjoyment of my pregnancy, crying for what might happen, crying for cryings sake.  I was pretty devastated and scared.

I spent hours online learning all I could.  Reading as many studies as I could, learning from others experiences they shared on online forums, and soaking every piece of information I could

I had a follow-up appointment with the perinatologist two weeks later and was in a much better place about the twins and my pregnancy.  I had a whole host of questions for him.  It was the first time I didn't feel fatalistic about the pregnancy and really felt like everything would be ok.  That the twins would be ok.  That I and my family would be ok.

No comments: