Saturday, October 18, 2008

1st and 2nd Ultrasounds & Healthcare Decisions

Yay, the first ultrasound at 5 weeks looks great and the follow up ultrasound at 9 weeks we can see the heartbeat. Looks like baby is growing great.

Seeing that the pregnancy was progressing well, I began exploring my birth options. My son who is now almost 3, was born via induction in a hospital. Born at 6 lbs, 13 oz there was no cause for concern. To this day he remains long and lean.

Based on my experience with my first son and other close friends birth experiences I wanted a different experience with this baby. My interest turned into a deeper passion, wanting to help educate and empower other woman on their birth options. I pursued certification as a birth doula through DONA .

Shortly after my nine week appointment I decided to hire midwives for my care and to attend my birth.


No comments: